Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful for What You Have and for the Simple Things In Life.

So often, one looks at the big and fancy.  We should stop and focus on the plain and simple.   Life is full of many simple pleasures.  I tend to be a simple kind of woman with simple but elegant tastes.  However, every now and then, I get caught up in the "Wish this had happened"  or "Wish my life had turned out this way".  Then I am snapped back or run into a friend that reminds me to go back and remember all the reasons I have to be thankful.  I have a wonderful pair of sons.  I have a husband who is turning his life around.  I had my mom for all of my life until a year ago.  I am healthy.  I am blessed to have my house.  I am blessed to have friends who really care about me.  I have been blessed to have some great experiences when I was going through one of the most challenging times in my life.  I lost my job, my mom was sick, my husband was gone,  and my nerves were all she wrote.  This period lasted for two years and a little more.  During that time, I met some of the most wonderful people.  I had the opportunity to take care of my mom.  I saw my oldest son become more mature and was blessed that he was such a help.  I was able to really reconnect with myself and my goals.  I learned to really trust God for my daily needs.  I had to reevaluate and learn to appreciate my time with my sons.  I learned that I was not as strong as I thought I was.  I was reminded that my strength comes from the Lord.  I am thankful for the maturity that I gained in my situations.  One day I will be able to say I am thankful that I had the situations.  I am not that mature yet.  Please learn to find pleasure in the simple things... the blue sky, the green grass, the wind on your face.   Just to be able to see and feel is a great start.   Be thankful and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment